Job type: Permanent
PROJECT PLANNER LEVEL 4
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-CAED01836811
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Project Planner in Edmonton, Alberta and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for guiding the Project Core Team in the management of all planning, scheduling and progress control related aspects of the project in accordance with the Planning and Scheduling Process;
- Provide the knowledge and the tools to plan the project scope of work and all related deliverables during project launch;
- Establish and update the Detailed Project Schedule (DPS), including leading the harmonization and integration of sub-schedules from all parties (functions and subdivisions) involved in the project;
- Challenge all inputs from all parties, track and report progress against the baseline schedule and continuously monitor risks and opportunities as well as proactively develop scenarios, mitigation or back-up plan if required;
- Support the Project Manager in discussions related to delays and/or improvements of the schedule;
- Support the Project Manager of the Supply Manager representatives communicating detailed schedule objectives or issues to suppliers or partners;
- Maintain direct contact with peers in partner companies and manage schedule development and follow-up as a whole within the consortium.
- University Degree in Engineering or Business;
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in a relevant role;
- Working experience either in Engineering, Project Management, Operations, Procurement, Bids, Sales or Finance;
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment;
- Planning experience on complex projects or similar scale;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Project Development & Management
Primary Location: CA-AB-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.02.2019, 4:23:18 PM
09.03.2019, 11:59:00 PM