Salary band: Negotiable
Job type: Permanent
Contact: Leonardo MW Ltd
Sector: Project Management
The project manager is responsible for leading and managing the project team with responsibility and authority from the Programme Manager or Sponsor on a day to day basis. Delivering the project to schedule, cost and quality.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Interfacing between the project and functional business areas to achieve the overall Project deliverables.
- Demonstrate good communication and encouragement across functional business areas, for change.
- Effective co-ordination of the project and the inter dependencies into the overall Programme or as an independent small project, including resolution or mitigation of any risks and issues arising during the project. Supported by the Programme Management office.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with Company policies, and processes.
- Ensuring delivery of contract life cycle relevant to accountable project.
- Managing and production of the required deliverables proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action to achieve quality and schedule within budget.
- Planning, designing and monitoring the project, preparing any project plans as required.
- Identifying and obtaining support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project.
- Managing the projects budget on behalf of the company, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the project progresses.
- Manage Authorisations in line with level of accountability.
- Manage Profitability in line with level of accountability.
- Identify, capture and manage risks to the project, including the development of contingency plan, in accordance with Company policy and process.
- Liaison with the programme management (if part of a programme) and related projects to ensure alignment and integration.
- Engagement with Integrated Project Teams (IPTs), Customers and vendors in line with level of accountability.
- Applying change control and configuration management processes.
- Liaise with project assurance representatives to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project.
- Conduct project reviews and highlighting actions / recommendations to appropriate business area, ensuring good communication links.
- Managing project administration.
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the appropriate level of management both internally and to the customer.
- Chair Internal Configuration Change Boards (CCB) and Configuration Implementation Boards (CIB) as required, supported by Configuration Management.
- Required to take on responsibility for proposal activity, on Wildcat, Apache, Merlin and Gazelle helicopter platforms, together with contracted modifications in support of the Platform Lead.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop good relationships within the Company at appropriate levels and externally with the Customer at appropriate levels.
- Ability to make decisions with limited facts.
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
- Strong knowledge of key functional disciplines including Engineering, Operations, Customer Support & Training (CS&T) and Procurement.
- Strong knowledge of aircraft design, test and manufacturing procedures.
- Good direct and indirect team management skills, including recruitment, motivation and development.
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes.
- Sound business case development knowledge and approvals skills.
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties.
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods, including EVMS and Risk Management.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems