Job type: Permanent
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
This is a unique 5 month fixed term opportunity for a Project Manager to work on a number of key projects for a key part of our Airline - Operations. You will be working with business stakeholders - leading cross functional project teams to ensure that all requirements are delivered to an optimum quality, within the approved budget and within agreed time frames.
Who you are:
Incredible Communicator: you pride yourself on your verbal and written communication skills. You’re comfortable negotiating outcomes, facilitating inspiring workshops and managing conflict.
Consultative and Dynamic: you thrive in a fast paced agile environment, focussing on commercial outcomes and delivering on business objectives.
Investigative, methodical and analytical: you identify, investigate and manage issues, constantly seeking to minimise the impact to project delivery. You enjoy pro-actively working with stakeholders and understanding their requirements to deliver best in class solutions.
Passionate collaborator: thriving in fast paced environments, you enjoy managing stakeholders and ensuring expectations are exceeded.
What you’ll need:
You will have experience with the following;
* Delivering IT projects utilising project management frameworks and methodologies
* Managing and working with offshore / onshore vendors
* Strong interpersonal skills to develop stakeholder relationships
* Working with stakeholders across all of the levels of the organisation
* Change, communication and risk management
* Project financial management
* Excellent problem solving, prioritisation and analytical skills
* Facilitation skills for all user levels
* Focus on quality and business improvement
* Intermediate skills with Project Management software i.e. MS Project, JIRA ideal
* Knowledge or exposure to the Aviation industry, ideally
* Experience with delivering projects relating to Enterprise Agreements, and/or Business Process Transformation projects would also be of benefit.
What you’ll get from us:
Other than the opportunity to work for an award winning airline…
As a Virgin Australia team member, you will also receive fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come in to an award winning airline and be integral to an operationally critical program of work. If you have the proven Project Management background and thrive in a dynamic environment then we want to hear from you.