Theoretical Knowledge Instructor
Job type: Contract/Locum
Contact: Leanne O'Leary
Sector: Flight Crew
Atlantic Flight Training Academy are recruiting for a full-time ground instructor with an immediate start.
AFTA trains domestic and international cadets for some of the world’s largest airlines, including Ryanair. The main purpose of this role is to provide theoretical training to student pilots and assist them to pass their ATPL examinations.
- Teaching ATPL theory to students and nurturing their enthusiasm for aviation.
- Teaching all aviation ground subjects to a very high level.
- Teaching and demonstrating the use of navigation instruments and calculators.
- Completing all associated paperwork and record keeping.
- Improving current systems by developing new training practices / procedures e.g. rewriting / reviewing training manuals / syllabi.
- Monitoring student progress, carrying out student reviews, providing constructive feedback, making sure standards are adhered to and being available if an issue arises.
- Bringing serious issues or students needing additional training to the attention of the CTKI or his deputy.
- Ensuring that training is conducted in accordance with the approved syllabi.
- Ensuring that student welfare and discipline is monitored at all times.
- Carrying out student review procedures for any student who fails any Progress check and reporting to the CTKI.
- Maintaining full and accountable records for AFTA management.
- Ensuring that all relevant company policies and procedures are being adhered to.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES / QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of EASA CPL/MEIR with EASA ATPL theory and EASA FIor equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of technical aspect of an aircraft and aerodynamics is required.
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Theoretical Knowledge Instructor is preferred.
- Demonstrated high level knowledge of all aviation ground subjects is essential.
- Ability to create teaching documents and maintain order in the class room.
- Proficient in the use of teaching aids i.e. table, whiteboard, models, laptop etc.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and work well under pressure.
- Patient with students with an ability to get on with and inspire young pilots, giving recognition for good work.
- Flexible approach with a student / customer-oriented outlook
- High level of PC skills required. Must be proficient with Microsoft, email, internet, intranet applications and ATO student management software
- Have strong communications skills with a natural ability to actively listen, as well as speak and demonstrate clearly
- Be cheerful, authoritative, skilful and lead by example in dress and behaviour
- Highly organized and disciplined with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent Time Management Skills
- A good team player