Job type: Permanent
REQUISITION NUMBER: TROQ-USPI01941502
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a System Engineer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
As a System Engineer, you will be responsible for the conceptual design of train energy and motion systems and their integration into train vehicles. You also will cooperate with suppliers and customers to implement engineering solutions taking into account reuse of standard products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop the system and sub-system level technical requirements from customer and internal requirements and ensure that these are consistent, complete and correct;
- Design system architectures based on the requirements and product portfolio;
- Create customer and internal documentation according to the process and project requirements;
- Develop the system level tests to verify and validate the system requirements;
- Execute and document the tests on simulators, in the power lab and on the vehicle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering (BSEE) with relevant experience;
- Proven experience in leading the technical scope of customer delivery projects;
- Excellent communications skills both written and spoken;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Proficiency in English.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 06.02.2019, 4:15:15 PM
08.03.2019, 11:59:00 PM