Sr System Engineer Infrastructure Automation
Job type: Permanent
Sector: IT & Communications
Sr System Engineer - Infrastructure Automation
Post Begin Date
23 hours ago(1/24/2019 1:55 PM)
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
While also guiding others, responsible for vendor management, partner governance, and oversight to deploy systems which are complete, designed and managed over life cycles.
(Technical solutions) Proactively identify problems, plan solutions, recommend software and systems, and coordinate developments in an orderly manner to meet business requirements. Including but not limited to: monitor and test performance and capacity for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with partners to implement fixes.
Responsible for providing innovative solutions to proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability in order to resolve escalations of high complexity.
In collaboration with Enterprise Architecture, sets the platform strategy and road map.
In collaboration with Enterprise Architecture, proactively identifies opportunities to adopt emerging industry trends in area of responsibility.
Meet commitments and deliverables as related to leading projects and/or project oversight.
Provide technical development, mentoring, and guide the work of others.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training preferred.
* Minimum five years of work experience in System Engineering (or equivalent knowledge base) required.
* Minimum 2 years as technical or team lead preferred.
* Five plus years building, supporting and working with automation in an infrastructure engineering environment.
* Strong scripting skills using Python, Perl, or other or tools.
* Must have experience with infrastructure automation using Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SALT or similar tools.
* Strong understanding of Server, Storage and Network technologies.
* Working knowledge of ServiceNow.
* Linux & Windows Server builds, Network Firewall & Network Load balancers.
* Experience administering, troubleshooting, updating, maintaining VMware vRealize Orchestrator (vRO) and vRealize Automation (vRA).
* Experience configuring integrations with vRO and vRA to other systems (plug-ins, APIs, etc.).
* Experience creating work flows in vRO.
* Experience with engineering of vRA solutions and creating vCenter Orchestrator workflows.
* Experience with creating/maintaining vRA blueprints and catalogues.
Ability to analyze and resolve problems of high complexity, requiring expert knowledge of hardware components, systems, software, and networking technologies.
Ability to mentor/guide others to perform troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, solution development, and implementation within specific technology areas.
Expert partnering, negotiation, and communication skills in working with Business Customers and Technology support.
Expert knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and or work experience.
Expert knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Able to prioritize effectively and take on multiple concurrent assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible self-work and/or the work of others.
Able to develop, present, and effectively communicate complex ideas and strategies in both technical and user-friendly language to a variety of audiences.
Additional job skills include, but are not limited to: excellent project management skills; excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills; and excellent analytical/creative problem-solving skills.
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-based, Customer service oriented environment with a high regard for hospitality.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Department needs.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Refer a FriendRefer
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?