Sr Software Engineer
Location: New Orleans
Job type: Permanent
Sector: IT & Communications
Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to design discussions.
* Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
* Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
* Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
* Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
* Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
* Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
* Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
* Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
* Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
* Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
* Bachelors degree from an accredited university
* A minimum of 4 years of professional experience
* 2+ years’ experience in software engineering
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in New Orleans, Louisiana
* Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns, Front-end development and/or Java coding principles
* Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), Maven, & SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
* Experience with Windows and Unix / Linux based programming
* Experience with CI/CD techniques such as Feature Toggles, trunk-based development
* Certified Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re
manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest
problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our
culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber
talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products
or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
advancement, then join GE in re-engineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for
generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Louisiana;New Orleans;