Sr Production Control Specialist Manufacturing Operations
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Business & Administration
Requisition ID: 15145
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Production Control Specialist – Manufacturing Operations to join our team in Richardson, TX (1060). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
This position is responsible for preparing, administering and coordinating production schedules in accordance with customer and engineering demand planning, utilizing a thorough understanding of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) and integrated relationships with procurement and the status of material resources.
* Contributes to the development of new Production Control concepts and processes. Wide range of experience, ability to resolve complex Production Control issues. Can look up and fix production coordinator metrics COGI, TECO’s, less than 30 days. Can RTV product. Actively participates in DP&E process and drive changes.
* Can perform cycle counts/inventory reconciliations. Tracks flow and daily schedule adherence. Knows status on flow barriers/issues. Manages lead times and lead time reduction (monitor/improve).
* Monitors purchasing updates from buyers. Understands sale orders. Is able to order, and expedite, parts. Can do rescheduling and has MRP and product knowledge. Can enter Web plans. Can perform parts provisioning/plan strategic WIP.
* Develops solutions to complex Production Control problems which require regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Works on complex PC issues where analysis of situations or data requires in depth evaluation of variables. Exercises judgment in PC decision-making. Effective at implementing supermarket/Kanban controls.
* Develops detailed schedules, material requirements lists and production plans for established product lines. Monitors production activity to ensure a smooth and controlled flow of materials timed to meet production requirements. Troubleshoots and monitors potential scheduling problems, maintaining records such as reports on production and material deficiencies. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
* Determines Production Control methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinates activities of other personnel. Work is performed without appreciable direction.
* Networks with key contacts outside area of expertise and across Enterprise. Serves as key PC focal point on team initiatives.
* Is able to prioritize specific customer orders and if necessary, revises production schedules.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience.
Must have SAP experience.
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.