Sr Engineering Project Assistant
Location: Cedar Rapids
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Business & Administration
Requisition ID: 15171
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Engineering Project Assistant to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Advanced Radio Systems in the Advanced Technology Center
This position will be responsible for assisting engineers with administrative, documentation, process and general engineering related support activities. Individual must demonstrate the ability to support several engineers, engineer managers, and a director, providing the wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist engineering projects. Assignments typically include word processing, preliminary document preparation utilizing computing resources with a variety of applications. Performs as primary engineering support focal point for inquiries and problem resolution during the pre-release, release and revision phases of the engineering development cycle. Performs project non-technical duties. Acts as process and tool expert for engineering design teams. Must possess ability to coordinate and lead activities as well as strong organization and analytical skills.
TPM and Systems Team including:
* ALM management for program including
* Staffing Center Supply/Demand
* Tool administration for all repositories
* Various program metrics for the program
* Customer meeting support, meeting facilitation
* PREP Review support
* CDRL management and tracking
* Bid & Proposal support
* Network and interface cross functionally across the organization on various activities
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Strong communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Highly detail oriented
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to work on teams in a collaborative environment
* Ability to receive work from peers, engineers and managers
* Quick learner
* Able to retain information quickly
* Self starter and proposals that are clearly and concisely written
Tool Experience Desired:
* Microsoft Office Suite, ALM, SAP, Subversion, and Gmail/Google Docs
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.