Software Engineering Intern Summer 2019
Location: Cedar Rapids
Job type: Permanent
Requisition ID: 14849
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2019) to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
This position is for the Commercial Systems Data Link Products team. The Data Link Products consist software/hardware onboard an aircraft to utilize digital communications between the air and ground to help reduce voice communications and provide real time information on the operation of the aircraft.
– Design and code based on low-level software requirement and guidance from senior team member
– Build, test and deliver real-time embedded software to target environments in support of program and customer commitments
– Assist with system level testing, working closely with cross functional areas to coordinate desired solutions, documenting problem reports and working resolution activities
– Participate in Design and Code Reviews with other members of the team to identify and eliminate problems early in the development process.
* Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
* Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
The following skills are desired from the candidate:
– Must have C++ / Object Oriented software development experience
– Operating System knowledge
– Python/Perl or any other scripting Language knowledge and experience
– Networks and Network protocol knowledge is a plus.
The successful candidate will also possess the following attributes:
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Must be highly motivated, have a passion to win, be very flexible and energetic
– Must be capable of solving difficult problems
– Work all issues to resolution with an attitude of ownership of the entire problem in order to produce results that exceed customer expectations
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.