Software Development Engineer in Test SDET
Job type: Permanent
Sector: IT & Communications
GE builds world class mission-critical systems that manage power flow across the globe. Seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to ensure systems are of highest quality. Ideal candidate will thrive in dynamic, results-driven, team-oriented environment & have passion for using automated solutions to test software applications & services.
* Design and execute automated tests throughout our continuous delivery (CD) system
* Create, develop and maintain testing frameworks and tools to meet the needs of our customers and engineering teams
* Work with developers, testers, and product managers to identify, reproduce, and resolve defects
* Participate in requirements gathering, story writing, design and test reviews
* Develop automated performance tests that demonstrate our systems scale
* Create innovative testing solutions as needed, utilizing both GE and third-party technologies
* Cover both white, grey and black box testing of our applications and assist developers with unit testing
* Interface with project managers, project engineers and customers on general and specific issues
* Provide strong technical leadership
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the technology space with emphasis on software development and testing.
* A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Java or C/C++/C#, Linux and Windows
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills
* You will have worked in an agile environment, have solid coding and testing experience in Java, C, C++, C# or similar languages, and have experience using multiple testing frameworks.
* Demonstrated team leadership for development and testing
* Requires three (3) years software design, integration and/or testing in one or more of the following technologies: Java, C, C++ and or similar languages. Good experience with common testing frameworks and tools such as Fitnesse, Robot, Selenium, Junit, Nunit, Cucumber, Katalon Studio etc.
* Great understanding of OO software design principles, patterns, algorithms, data structures, and multi-threading concepts.
* Thorough knowledge of modern software development practices, including continuous delivery
* Experience translating requirements, use-cases and stories into test plans, test cases and automated tests
* Ability to leverage, utilize and extend industry-standard test automation frameworks, tools and practices
* 3 years of professional experience testing multi-tiered client-server systems.
* Able to demonstrate competence and self-motivation in analyzing problems and performing root cause analysis
* Ability to take work on multiple projects simultaneously. Prioritization.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent judgment skills to assess high-risk areas
* Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be an outstanding team player
* Ability to be creative, efficient, and productive with minimal supervision or guidance
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Florida;West Melbourne;