Senior Technical Network Support Analyst SATCOM
Job type: Permanent
Requisition ID: 15201
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Technical Network Support Analyst – SATCOM to join our team in Annapolis, MD (IMS INC) (5010). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the entire product life cycle.
* Function as a subject matter expert on SATCOM avionic equipment / networks and gather customer requirements for implementing connectivity solutions.
* Provide Tiers 3 Technical support on Cabin services products.
* Assist with customer implementation activities when required.
* Provide technical training, support and documentations to sales and customers as required.
* Conduct operational and troubleshooting support for customer aircraft when required.
* Be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the satellite service programs supporting the business aviation and government markets.
* Interface with the engineering department on internally / externally focused technical matters which include customers and suppliers.
* Bachelor’s’ degree in required field, or in the absence of a degree six (6) years of experience.
* Five (5) or more years of industry technical experience.
* Experience with network management.
* Experience in product management in a relevant field.
* Possess basic knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, MS project and Excel.
Skills needed for success:
* Must be detail oriented, works well with others, and has excellent communications skills.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work effectively with external customers, internal technical personnel, and senior management.
* Working knowledge of satellite technology service offerings.
* Experience with avionics / satellite network engineering, aircraft operations, etc.
* Possess an existing working knowledge of Collins Aerospace ARINCDirect services and support systems.
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.