Senior Systems Software Engineer FMS
Location: Cedar Rapids
Job type: Permanent
Requisition ID: 14333
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Systems / Software Engineer – FMS to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Collins Aerospace is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Software / Systems Engineering position on the FMS Programs team in the Flight Management Applications department.
The FMS programs team works across the FMA and FMS Product Line departments to develop FMS subsystem requirements, design, code, and test that support the overall end-customer design while supporting FMS product-line goals. This team champions software product line concepts, highly automated integration and testing, and utilization of the latest tools and processes.
The team supports Airborne Solutions Engineering (ASE) platform teams during development as well as ground and flight testing. The FMS programs team currently supports several Fixed Wing avionics platforms both foreign and domestic.
Come join us and help lead the avionics industry!
* FMS software requirements, design, code and test development and execution methods.
* Accurately forecasting and monitoring technical scope across multiple executing programs.
* Ability to work across all facets of the software engineering development process in an Agile-focused work environment.
* Mentoring other engineers in the development process, systems integration, and systems / software engineering practices.
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* US Citizenship or Green Card Holder required.
* Experienced verification and continuous test and integration practices.
* Strong understanding of software / systems engineering state of the art practices.
Key Skills for success:
* Commitment to quality and improvement.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Knowledge of Python development language.
* Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
* Experience working with the ALM tool suite.
* Knowledge of Ada or C development languages.
* Experience working with a DO-178B/C development process.
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.