Senior Aircraft Systems Designer Electrical
Job type: Permanent
Job Description - Senior Aircraft Systems Designer Electrical (18000BU)
Senior Aircraft Systems Designer Electrical-18000BU
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Associates get the royal treatment at Garmin. Regardless if you’re a newbie or a veteran, engineers dream it, design it and use it. Here, you will be surrounded by others who share the same passion about what they do every day. We offer a relaxed team environment (no dress code!) where advancement is found from sharing knowledge, not hiding it! While we promise you a lot of responsibility, you also will have the opportunity to have ownership over projects…oh, and we promise you there will be some fun mixed in there, too!
Our avionics systems are taking off, so we’re looking to board a senior electrical designer to lead the design of new avionics systems installations in 14 CFR Part 23/25 aircraft. Our senior aircraft systems designer will generate wiring diagrams, wire routing schematics and other required type design data needed to support Garmin STC projects. Must be able to coordinate with project leads, certification leads and installation technicians and develop documentation for new avionics system installations, including ground and bench tests plans and test reports for submissions to the FAA. If you want to help our avionics take flight, then we want to meet you.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Aircraft Systems Designer (Electrical) for our headquarters in the greater Kansas City area. In this role you will be responsible for leading the design of avionics systems installations and wiring interconnects, including overseeing of design deliverables created by other designers. Other essential functions include:
* Generate wiring diagrams, wiring routing schematics, component installation drawings and other type design data required to support STC projects
* Assist installation technicians in troubleshooting installation wiring interconnects
* Lead the preparation and verification of new installation documentation
* Generation of certification ground and bench tests plans
* Creation of certification test reports and other compliance data for submissions to the FAA
* Provide leadership and mentoring to design engineers on STC projects
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering. Other requirements include:
* A minimum of 10 years’ experience in aircraft electrical / avionics installation design for FAA certification projects or 8 years of service at Garmin working in the Aircraft Certification Engineering Group
* Detailed working knowledge of aircraft wiring diagrams, wiring routing drawings and the content required on those drawings for FAA certification
* Good understanding of FAA regulations and ability to design for compliance
* Strong aircraft electrical design background
* Solid understanding of commercial avionics interface standards and their installation
* Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products. Solidworks experience beneficial.
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
Job: Aircraft Certification
Primary Location: US-KS-New Century
Organization: Aviation Business
Job Class: Exempt