Ramp Manager Sydney
Job type: Permanent
Ramp Manager (Sydney)
Regional Express (Rex) is Australia’s largest independent regional airline operating a fleet of more than 50 SAAB 340 aircraft on some 1,500 weekly flights to 58 destinations throughout all states of Australia.
An excellent opportunity exists for a suitably qualified individual to join Regional Express in the role of Ramp Manager at Sydney Airport. This is a full-time position reporting to the Sydney Airport Manager and National Airports Manager and involves the direct oversight of Rex’s team of Aircraft Support Officers.
* Ensure Ramp Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Protocols are adhered to at all times.
* Determine and maintain the necessary and appropriate amount of staff and equipment necessary to fulfil these requirements.
* Compile rosters and monitor daily staff utilisation.
* Ensure serviceability and presentation of company equipment and facilities.
* Responsible for the security of company supplies and equipment.
* Assist with oversight of on-time performance and customer service.
* Assist with mishandled, lost and damaged baggage and aircraft overnight cleaning.
* Liaise with airport authorities and external stakeholders (including attending meetings on Rex behalf).
* Liaise with airport operations and outports.
* Ensuring compliance with the company Safety Management System (SMS).
* Ensure high levels of work safety and compliance with Work Health and Safety (WHS) legislation.
* Demonstrate leadership, decision making and organisational skills.
* Train and supervise Ramp Staff.
* Provide employee counselling and discipline as needed.
Essential Selection Criteria
* Able to obtain an ASIC (Aviation Security Identification Card) and airside drivers licence
* Must possess a valid driver’s licence
* Airline/Industry experience (preferred)
* Ability to manage changing priorities and work under pressure
* Experience in a managerial role
* Excellent communication skills
* Microsoft Office skills an advantage
Closing Date: Saturday, 30 June 2018
Please apply via the Apply button