Online Customer Service Manager APAC
Job type: Permanent
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1000 staff across eleven offices globally, and having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 80m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We’re looking for an excellent human to join our User Satisfaction team as an Online Customer Services Manager for APAC. Working in the User Satisfaction team you will also contribute significantly to the positive brand and reputation of Skyscanner. You will be the face of the business to many of our millions of users, helping to improve their experience and contributing to tracking feedback and ideas. Due to our continued and rapid expansion, a flexible and adaptable approach is essential.
As the customer service team for Skyscanner, the User Satisfaction Team puts our emphasis on outstanding customer service. We work closely with our technical teams and partners to investigate any issues our users raise, and with our Commercial and Marketing teams to make sure our users’ needs and concerns are addressed. We look for technological solutions to help us provide the best service possible, and also support our users by developing and maintaining our online help content.
The User Satisfaction Team is also responsible for deriving insights from the collective contact we receive. We champion our users by analysing and reporting the collective feedback we receive, and providing actionable user insights and feedback on new and existing features.
What you can expect as an Online Customer Service Manager
* Lead the APAC User Satisfaction sub-team (currently 3 in the team), contributing to and delivering our global strategy
* Work with our global User Satisfaction team (currently 20 in global team) to ensure the best possible service for our travellers at all times
* Develop and deliver ongoing coaching and training to ensure a consistent voice and quality across the User Satisfaction function
* A hands-on approach, taking ownership of individual user problems from start to finish, liaising with our partners and internal stakeholders to ensure positive outcomes and delight our users.
* Handle escalated complaints in writing
* Proactively work to solve recurring user problems by working closely with commercial and technical areas of the business
* Be an evangelist for the voice of the customer internally
* Help improve processes and reduce waste wherever possible
* Maintain and continuously improve Skyscanner’s Help pages
What we are looking for
* Online Customer Service Manager/Team lead experience, preferably in an online or travel environment
* A passion for outstanding customer service, along with a history of success helping teams to deliver service excellence via email and social channels
* Outstanding written English (additional languages a plus), and demonstrable ability to handle complex complaints in writing
* Excellent judgement and awareness in difficult circumstances, while balancing multiple stakeholder interests
* Exceptional people skills; ability to influence, inspire and convey ideas
* Strong coaching and development skills
* Great organisational and communication skills
* Confident handling data and making data-driven decisions
* Strong user, product, commercial and marketing awareness, with an ability to multi-task across a variety of business areas
* Fast learner and enthusiasm for absorbing new concepts and processes with a flexible and adaptable approach
* Experience with online web applications and tools; experience of Zendesk or JIRA a plus
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.
What you will get in Singapore -
Situated in the heart of Singapore’s central business district Robinson Road, our office is a hub for the Asia pacific markets and has seen and annual increase in traffic to the site of over 350% YOY. The team in Singapore is home to 13 different nationalities across the world and when we are not working hard to find users and partners we can either be found admiring the view from our office or enjoying refreshing drinks nearby at Singapore’s famous Boat Quay. With space to hire many more staff we are excited to welcome our new recruits.
Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach 80 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
Join us now.