Job type: Permanent
Responsibilities of Position:
* • Creation and maintenance of all technical drawings for facilities, process / equipment layouts, equipment, tooling, fixtures, and material handling equipment that supports manufacturing operations.
* • Design of fixtures and tooling for operations, manufacturing processes, and material handling.
* • Perform calculations, design, and drawings for new equipment and process improvement.
* • Provide technical assistance to Operations/Maintenance.
* • Capital and non-capital project management.
* • Support identification and improvement of preventative and predictive aintenance tasks to improve equipment reliability and operation.
* • Submit ideas to support continuous improvement in safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
* • Lead improvements and education of Safran Landing Systems organization in the areas of engineering and manufacturing processes and procedures.
* • Provide complete and accurate documentation required for aerospace equipment production – work instructions, standard operating procedures, qualification / test reports, PFMEA, FAI, DVI / PPAP.
* • Manage and support industrialization activities – new product development, new product introduction, configuration management.
* • Implementation of statistical process control for critical process parameters.
* • Interface with Design Engineering for development and process improvements.
* • Follow all procedures administered by safety, quality, process engineering, and facilities engineering.
* • Perform other related duties as required.
* • BS/MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or technically related engineering field.
* • Three to five years of work experience in aerospace manufacturing and industrialization processes – machining, special processes, and/or assembly preferred.
* • Lean Six Sigma experience - Green Belt certification preferred.
* • Strong ability to read and understand technical drawings for aerospace parts and assemblies.
* • Technical knowledge in CAD/CAM – AutoCAD, Inventor, CATIA.
* • Ability to train Operators and Technicians.
* • Ability to apply theoretical knowledge to practice.
* • Strong ability in Microsoft Office Suite.
Relocation assistance not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Specificity of the job
10% - Domestic and international travel for projects and best practices sharing, as needed.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.