Mechanical Design Staff Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Sector: IT & Communications
The Military Next Gen Products Adv Mech Design Staff Engineer demonstrates accountability for module component design execution, engineering functional team guidance, team mentoring, and support of critical program objectives. In the role, you will lead and integrate design disciplines that deliver program objectives, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, and contribute to the overall Program delivery.
* Execute and provide guidance for the analysis / evaluation of assigned projects that meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product / program requirements
* Lead program initiatives in design, materials, manufacturing, quality and/or productivity
* Define and develop product processes related to design, analysis, test, materials, manufacture, quality and/or productivity
* Identify need for technical and program reviews within the organization
* Lead technical reviews and participate as a reviewer
* Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments as appropriate
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical and program requirements, schedules and contract commitments
* Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited college or university
* Minimum 5 additional years of experience in a program or project leadership role within an engineering environment
* Minimum 5 years of experience in mechanical design of hot section hardware in advanced design or NPI programs
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD US security clearance
* Current government security clearance
* Experience in Advanced Exhaust System component and/or module design roles
* Effective team building and project management ability
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skill
* Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
* Knowledge of mechanical design and assembly procedures
* Strong project management skills
* Ability to develop strategies and execute plans with a sense of urgency
* Strong oral and written communication skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).