High Temp Operator I
Job type: Permanent
Responsibilities of Position:
* • Complete all training and experience requirements for HighTemp. Operator I
* • Operate highly technical equipment involving high temperature induction furnaces and textile operations
* • Load and unload furnaces per production and quality requirements
* • Proper and efficient material handling to ensure product traceability to meet quality and scheduling demands
* • Monitor equipment and record data to document the manufacturing process
* • Troubleshoot manufacturing anomalies related to equipment operation, productivity, and quality
* • Perform preventive maintenance as required to meet maintenance schedules
* • Adhere to required housekeeping requirements for the manufacturing areas
* • Submit and support continuous improvement ideas in order to improve safety, quality, productivity, and cost
* • Follow all procedures administered by safety, quality, process engineering, and facilities engineering
* • Train co-workers in proper equipment operations and maintenance procedures
* • Perform other related duties as required
* • High school diploma/GED
* • Two years of continuous experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment or demonstrated experience as a contracted employee
Relocation assistance not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Physical/Environmental Scope of Position:
* • Vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
* • Subjected to inside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils, and other related industrial hazards
* • Work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature induction furnaces
* • Work in confined spaces and wear a respirator and/or self-contained breathing apparatus
* • Will be exposed to and handle hazardous wastes as defined in 40 CFR 261.3
* • Must demonstrate the physical capacity to meet the demands of the "Heavy" Job Placement Assessment (JPA) as administered by St. Elizabeth Business Health Services
Required Behavioral Dimensions:
* • Adaptability
* • Contributing to Team Success
* • Energy
* • Quality Orientation
* • Safety Awareness
* • Work Standards
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.