Failure Analysis Engineering Supervisor
Job type: Permanent
Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You’ll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
We hire exceptional engineers who lead, who make learning and teaching others part of their own career journey. Our products and our engineering teams are recognized as among the best in the industry. As Failure Analysis Supervisor you will lead a team of technicians analyzing our DC/DC converters to determine root cause of their failures.
* Perform root cause analysis on power conversion products: DC/DC converters using effective root cause tools (cause effect, 5W’s, FEMA, Pareto)
* Identify and drive corrective and preventive actions to manufacturing, design or supplier process.
* Correspond directly with customers to complete root cause failure analysis
* Create quality summary reports
* Responsible for management of multiple parallel failure investigations with accountability for accuracy, planning, scheduling, cost estimating and control, risk-assessment, and direct customer communication. The failure analysis results must be sufficient to determine the scope and nature of corrective actions if needed.
* Design of experiments to evaluate failure modes and mechanisms.
* Ability to coordinate with internal cross functional subject-matter experts and outside consultants as needed.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees, customers and, suppliers.
* Responsible for managing and coordinating continuous improvement activities in their area and for recognizing and rewarding results of lab technicians/staff.
* Other projects/duties as assigned
* 5+ years electronics industry experience with hardware product design and manufacturing. 1+ years of experience as a lead or supervisor
* Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis on power conversion products: DC/DC converters using effective root cause tools (cause effect, 5W’s, FEMA, Fault Tree)
* BS in Engineering or related technical BA degree
* Experience with Mil-Spec, FAA and/or Space qualified product is desirable.
* Demonstrated experience leading direct and tough debates and resolving the issues.
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills.
Special Work Conditions:
* Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.