ENGINEERING DEV TECH MECH AIRCRAFT TURBINE SYSTEMS
Job type: Permanent
ENGINEERING DEV TECH MECH - AIRCRAFT TURBINE SYSTEMS-1801056
The Engineering Development Technician Level 1 reports to the Development Lab Leader function and is responsible for the performance of routine functions which require the application of standard techniques and procedures. This level also supports prototype development and testing of new and existing products. This position requires a moderate to high level of supervision; most work is still reviewed by more senior technicians.
* Assembles new and/or modified mechanical components.
* Sets up and performs testing on new, modified and production product designs under operational conditions per written and verbal instructions from the project/product engineer with moderate assistance or supervision.
* Participates in installation of equipment in test fixtures, connecting valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling, tubing, power source and instrumentation.
* Ensures laboratory equipment is maintained and calibrated appropriately.
* Utilizes basic machine tools to fabricate needed assembly and test tooling and fixtures as necessary.
* Records test results (numerical and graphical data); reviews test results for compliance to test objectives and documents test progress.
* Documents mechanical or electrical problems and solutions to those problems.
* Modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications or functional limits.
* Examines parts for conformance to system or component specifications using precision measuring instruments.
* Instructs others in the safe and proper use of applicable machines and hand power tools.
* Ability to effectively work in a team environment and maintain good customer focus. Basic understanding of organizational structure and flow of information in the company. Recognizes problems which are beyond capabilities and seeks help from senior technicians.
* Ability to read mechanical drawings.
* Ability to read and use micrometers, measuring tools and gauges.
* Ability to learn and apply new concepts/techniques to work environment.
* Basic understanding of component function and testing. Learning assembly and test processes, drawings and geometric tolerances as well as shop standards and procedures.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills; learning technical writing skills.
* Ability to learn Windows PC skills, including spreadsheet, word processing, and WISE screens.
* Learning to set up and troubleshoot basic instrumentation.
* Learning appropriate WISE applications such as BOM, Item Master, NCR, EC screens, part tracking.
* Basic knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
* Maintain proper organization and cleanliness of test set ups, work areas and common areas. Follows all Woodward safety directives.
Education or Formal Training:
* High School diploma or equivalent certificate required.
* Coursework in algebra, geometry, and trigonometry desired.
* A&P license desired (Aircraft Only).
* 2 years manufacturing experience with general mechanical/electrical aptitude with some machining ability.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Product Engineering
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Loveland
Schedule: FULL TIME
Shift: 1st Shift / Day Job