Emergency Services Officer
Location: Windsor Locks
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Business & Administration
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The diverse team of people on our Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) team are motivated by an ambitious goal: to make UTC Aerospace Systems the safest, healthiest aerospace company – with the smallest environmental footprint – on the planet. Join us as we continue to lead the way in safety culture, environmental excellence and regulatory compliance.
* Perform a wide variety of duties required for the efficient operation of a comprehensive fire and security program to assure the highest standards of protection of personnel and property at UTC Aerospace Systems.
* Perform guard, patrol, and some police duties which are essential for the protection of personnel, property and for the enforcement of company policies and regulations.
* Utilize a wide variety of plant protection equipment and procedures in controlling access and movement of employees and visitors and in reacting to unusual and hazardous situations.
* Perform related duties such as issuing badges, controlling site security with the passage and receipt of classified material, hardware and documents.
* Control the operation of the parking areas and assist in escorting visitors and contracted employees as required.
* Responsible for a wide variety of fire inspection and monitoring duties, inspecting and testing fire detection and control equipment, and related first aid materials, to assure the proper operation and adherence of applicable standards, statutes, and insurance requirements.
* Additionally conducting fire drills to acquaint and explain to employee’s proper procedures and actions.
* Respond to fire alarms, take action to control and extinguish fires, giving appropriate alarm to assure safety of personnel with minimum disruption.
* May be required to operate fire apparatus on company property or in local communities in response to emergencies, and act as a member of crash crew in fighting fires and responding to other emergencies at the airport.
* Provide immediate assistance in emergencies such as fire, accident or medical crisis, and giving first aid.
* Identify and alert proper security violations or other unusual or suspicious activity and recommend changes in methods or equipment to eliminate potential hazards or operating difficulties.
* Maintain thorough knowledge of industrial police methods and procedures, electronic intrusion and alarm surveillance systems, fire prevention control techniques and in first aid treatment.
* Maintain emergency vehicles.
* Perform other related duties as directed.
* Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard Ability to provide quality customer service.
* EMT Certified Firefighter 1
* 2-3 years in emergency medical, security, fire service or a combination of the above In addition to above
* Certified Firefighter II or higher and an Associate’s Degree in Fire Science or equivalent
* Able to obtain and maintain a US Government secret clearance.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Candidate must also be a certified State of CT Emergency Medical Technician B
* Certified State of CT Firefighter I
* Valid Driver’s License
* BS Degree or MS Degree in Fire Science or Criminal Justice Preferred
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.