Continuing Airworthiness Manager
Location: London Heathrow Airport
Job type: Permanent
Contact: Emma Jenkins
Lupos Global is a Specialist Aviation Recruitment Consultancy providing candidates with career opportunities across the Aerospace & Aviation and Engineering Sectors worldwide. Working with aviation companies ranging from small disruptive independents through to industry leading brands, we advise clients on how to attract, retain and develop their value enhancing talent.
Lupos Global has a requirement for a Continuing Airworthiness Manager based in Heathrow.
- Working in accordance with EASA (Part M) requirements and processes and procedures.
- Ensures that all maintenance management functions comply with Part M requirements.
- Management of the oversight of continued airworthiness information, including AD, SB, maintenance programme etc.
- Management of the aircraft maintenance programmes(s).
- Leads reliability programme and reporting.
- Approval by the CAA Technical Log, including any subsequent amendments.
- Management the approval of modifications and repairs, ensuring all modifications and repairs are performed to an approved standard. Ensuring any instructions for continued airworthiness or follow on inspections are captured and incorporated to the aircraft maintenance programme as required.
- Ensuring all scheduled maintenance is carried out in accordance with the approved maintenance programmes.
- Ensuring all applicable airworthiness directives and operational directives are captured and applied in full, within the prescribed period.
- Capture and review of all non-mandatory airworthiness data, as issued by the Type Certificate / Supplemental Type Certificate holder(s) for their aircraft, engine and equipment, implementing action plans as required.
- Coordinate (Plan) scheduled maintenance, the application of airworthiness directives, the replacement of service life limited parts and component inspections to ensure the work is carried out properly.
- Maintain continued airworthiness records in accordance with Part M.
- Ensure that the mass and balance statement reflect the current status of the aircraft.
- Ensure that the Certificate of Airworthiness and ARC for each aircraft managed by the organisation remains valid.
- Review and implementation, as appropriate, of any additional UK CAA requirements.
- Ensuring that suitable procedures are in place for the control of Field Loadable Software (FLS) and Database Field Loadable Data (DFLD), liaison with the aircraft and equipment manufacturers for secure transfer of the same in accordance with EASA Part 21.
- Liaison with the aircraft, engine and equipment manufacturers regarding continuing airworthiness matters.
- Ensuring that the applicable procedures under their responsibility are complied with.
Experience and qualifications
- Continued Airworthiness Management Form 4 holder
- Working knowledge and understanding of aircraft maintenance management
- Experience of EASA Part M and Part 145 requirements
- Strong negotiation skills at a senior level
- Experience in the induction and return of aircraft from lessors
- Experience in the preparation of work packages for the introduction of modification programmes, and maintenance checks
- Experience in forward planning of heavy maintenance activity.
Lupos Global is the trading name of Lupos Global Limited, an employment business / agency