Brand Marketing Manager
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Marketing & PR
Brand Marketing Manager
The world of airline carriers changed fundamentally over the last years due to the arrival of new carriers, increased international competition, but probably the most changing factor is the client’s behaviour. Today airlines are confronted with clients who are able to determine themselves how they want to travel based on their travel needs and budget. Traveling has become a fast moving consumer product.
Brussels Airlines’ new commercial strategy is based on differentiating, segmenting and putting the customer at the heart of everything, without compromising on quality and Pricing.
The mission of the Brand Marketing Manager will consist in strengthen the brand positioning and develop top-level marketing communication, consistency across all touch points. He/She will contribute to the growth of Brussels Airlines by assuring that all advertising and marketing activities send out the right image and messages.
Key result areas:
* Research and define customer insights & expectations, with the help of external partners
* Tap into customer behaviours, lifestyles and interests
* Sharpen the customer segmentation as input for better-targeted communication
* Analysis and follow-up competitive marketing activity
* Review Brussels Airlines brand positioning, image, values and personality
* Develop marketing plan to make “we go the extra smile” more tangible
* Develop brand vision and communication plan
* Brief, manage and evaluate brand, communication and media agencies
* Update brand book and roll-out brand image throughout all touch points and channels
* Supervise the sign off of marketing and brand materials
* Provide guidelines to the customer experience / product development team
Corporate Identity (CI) Guidelines
* Design and manage CI guidelines.
* Assure and monitor procedures are applied internally and outside company.
* Responsible for updates and new logo, share information and implement changes.
Marketing communications (brand & product campaigns)
* Translation of Brand and product strategy into Communication and Media strategy
* Raise the quality of Brussels Airlines marketing communication, increasing both awareness and performance
* Write up and quality control all agency briefings
* Brief and collaborate with both external strategic agencies (Media, Creative, content, …) and internal design studio
* Lead the creation and production of all advertising material, both ATL and BTL
* Ensure maximum coherence across campaigns, channels and materials
* Define clear KPI’s for campaigns, measure and analyze their success and adapt accordingly
* Marketing budget management and optimization.
* Manage the inflight magazine ‘b.inspired’ together with the magazine manager and external agency INK.
* Review of the monthly issue, both the editorial content and airline pages
* Manage and maximize the financial return of the magazine.
* Create environments to build atmosphere where people are looking for the extra smile
* Managing team: encouraging initiative, setting objectives, continuous review of progress, coaching, training and developing the performance of the team members
* Close collaboration to Social media teams and International markets team
* The Brand Marketing Manager reports to the Head of Brand, Media & Marketing communication.
* Master in Marketing or equivalent through experience
* Languages: English, Dutch, French
* At least 7 years of experience in strategic brand management and marketing communication in fast moving product- or service companies
* Strategic band management and brand positioning
* A proven successful track-record in developing successful cross the line campaigns
* Excellent communicator with good presentations skills
* Able to quickly assess issues, develop alternative solutions, pragmatic strategies and tactics
* Highly effective at translating ideas into actionable plans that achieve results. Focuses on the big picture as well as on details.
* Ability to work under pressure and to manage diverse tasks at same time
* Result and revenue driven, focused on improvement
* Team player with genuine respect for people.
Interested in this challenging opportunity? We look forward to receiving your CV & motivation letter!