Job type: Permanent
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re ushering in a new era of customer service, with sophisticated tools that enable real-time customer connections and service anticipation techniques. We combine these innovations with responsive repair performance, product support and issue resolution for our global customers. Anytime. Any place. It’s this kind of best-in-class support that has kept our customers coming back for the past 100 years. Want to join the largest aftermarket network in the industry, with more than 50 maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) locations across 26 countries? You can learn from the best while bringing your fresh perspective and enthusiasm for customer service to our team. If those closest to you would use the words “reliable” and “dependable” to describe you, you could be a good fit for our team!
* Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings, engineering orders, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement, or modification.
* Familiar with company, regulatory, and customer specifications as applied to aircraft component return to service tasks.
* Perform functionality and interchangeability dis-assemble, repairs & assembles sheet metal components on detail, assembly, hydraulic, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems. Prepares necessary paperwork to meet company, regulatory and customer requirements to accomplish tasks.
* Perform repairs on various types of aircraft components, while maintaining company specifications,
* Industry standards, regulatory specifications, and customer specifications.
* Aid in evaluation to insure corrective measures; aid quality inspectors in completion of unit return to service.
* Perform multiple tasks demonstrating a general mechanical ability to work various aircraft component repairs and rework using hand tools like drills, power tools and precision measuring instruments. May be required to pass annual certification test verifying ability to operate machinery, equipment, forklift, overhead crane, sealant, and torque.
* Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing and to participate in team problem solving and team CI activities
* Know and use business systems in place
* Follow all safety and environment practices. Is aware of and looks for potential safety hazards. Takes needed action
* Supports Continuous Improvement (CI) activity
* Performs all other duties as assigned
In this role, you will be required to ...
Experience in aircraft manufacturing, installation, and repair/overhaul of aircraft components
* Be familiar with aircraft specifications as applied to final and in-process inspections
* Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, Standard Repair Manuals (SRM), & aircraft maintenance manuals.
* Apply your working knowledge of Federal Aircraft Regulations (FAR).
* Apply your good written and verbal communications skills
* Apply your strong mechanical aptitude
* Understand and interpret technical documentation
* Three (3) years experience in disassembly, assembly, maintenance, repair and overhaul, and installation of various aircraft components in a Military, Airline or MRO environment.
* This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA regulations 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
* Ability and willingness to relocate to Foley, AL; no relocation or interview expense reimbursement is available
* Ability and willingness to work overtime and/or rotating shifts as necessary
* A&P license strongly preferred but not required for this position
* High School Diploma / GED or equivalent is REQUIRED
* Any candidate selected must also successfully complete a hands-on mechanical screening
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.