Airline General Manager VPS
Location: United States
Job type: Permanent
Aircraft type: Airbus A320 Family
Sector: Pilot, Cadet Pilot
Job Role: Pilot, Cadet Pilot
The General Manager oversees all ground operations activities at the VPS base station with full responsibility for ramp operations, ticketing, gates, aircraft cleaning, security, and staff safety. The General Manager must be people-oriented and highly motivated with a positive and friendly attitude. The General Manager will work directly with the Regional Manager, Ground Operations to ensure all processes and procedures are followed to ensure a safe and on-time operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all Winner Aviation and business partner policies and procedures are being adhered to while maintaining a profitable work center.
- Monitor and enforce safety and compliance with all regulatory agencies, company, and airline requirements, including safety sensitive zones.
- Conduct delay investigations and perform line checks.
- Respond to irregular operations, as needed.
- Coach and develop the Station Supervisory Team to reach required operational performance levels.
- Analyze and recommend staffing levels to meet station needs.
- Oversee station level employee hiring, onboarding, orientation and termination in coordination with the Station Supervisory Team and HR.
- Approve all staff scheduling as submitted by Station Supervisory Team.
- With the Director, Ground Operations and Regional Manager, Ground Operations identify employee development, coaching and promotion opportunities.
- Submit weekly/monthly station reports accurately and promptly (i.e., payroll completion, airline revenue reports, etc.)
- Oversee that base and department metrics and key performance indicators (KPI) are tracked and monitored.
- Utilize expertise to target process and performance improvements within the station.
- Utilize KPIs to provide operational feedback, resolution of issues and implement new initiatives with team to drive continuous improvement and consistent service.
- Other duties as assigned.