Salary band: £23.27 per hour Ltd / £18.33 per hour PAYE
Job type: Contract/Locum
Contact: Kerrie Hill
MPI have a requirement for a Training and Assurance Standards Assessment Manager at DSAE Cosford, West Midlands, WV7 3EX.
This is an ongoing contract subject to Customer requirements, working up to 37 hours per week for 44.4 weeks per year, and paying £23.27 per hour Ltd / £18.33 per hour PAYE.
PLEASE NOTE - THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED AS BEING IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR AND IN SCOPE. PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL SEPARATE INFORMATION REGARDING IR35 REGULATIONS.
This post is established at Band D (SIO) for an Assessment Manager as a member of the Training Assurance and Standards (TAS) part of the Training Development Standards Organisation (TDSO) at DSAE Cosford. The successful candidate will be responsible to OC TAS as the Avionics specialist for the invigilating, marking and validation of all theory exams given to 5 trades, including International Defence Training (IDT) students.
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Expertise of training delivery
• Teaching qualification
• Proven working knowledge of Training Administration and Financial Management Information System (TAFMIS)
• Experience of military aircraft engineering environment.
• Certificate in Education
• Defence Instructor Training
• Defence Train the Trainer
• A recognised Aeronautical Engineering apprenticeship or relevant period of training and possess an appropriate nationally recognised qualification
POST HOLDER’S SPECIFIC TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Will have primary responsibility for the implementation of assessment practice within designated training delivery areas.
• The Assessment Manager (AM) is responsible for all summative assessments which may influence the progress of a trainee/student and are recorded on the (TAFMIS).
• The AM will be responsible for the maintenance of the exam question catalogues and banks.
• Will mark all examination papers using marking guide provided.
• Generate, from question banks, all Multi Choice Objective Question (MCOQ) and written assessments whether in short answer or essay format to meet the standards given within the course documentation set.
• Provide general student performance feedback at subject level, for all assessment failures, to the delivery Training Manager (TM) or nominated representative.
• Ensure the security and integrity of all assessment documentation sets.
• Ensure courses, classes and individuals are issued with the correct assessments in keeping with their exam profile.
• Responsible for ensuring that the assessments used within the School meets the requirements of the course documentation set and external Awarding Bodies.