Sr Service Center Technician Atlanta
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Business & Administration
Requisition ID: 14657
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Service Center Technician – Atlanta to join our team in Atlanta, GA (1110). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Responsible to perform testing, troubleshooting, repair, and modification of various moderate to complex electronics/avionics equipment in accordance with Rockwell Collins Services Workmanship and Quality Standards for products returned from airlines, dealers, airframes, and/or end users for service under close or general supervision depending on labor grade.
* Sets up and operates precision test equipment for alignment, troubleshooting and testing of electrical equipment and systems. Possesses advanced knowledge of standard test equipment, oscilloscopes, ohmmeters, signal generators, spectrum analyzers etc, as well as advanced knowledge of custom made test equipment including automatic test equipment.
* Has an advanced understanding of advanced test equipment functions as well as the ability to reprogram replacement equipment, and determines possible failures in existing equipment.
* Aligns and adjusts complex electrical components on units being tested to ensure proper functioning of electrical circuits, utilizing established test procedures.
* Conducts a variety of functional tests to check operation and calibration of test stations, components, equipment and systems.
* Analyzes circuitry and physically checks wiring and operation of various electronic parts, units, and systems components necessary to locate malfunction causes found during testing of components, equipment or systems.
* Performs difficult electrical/mechanical repair operations consisting of disassembly and assembly of units.
* Verifies that repairs or modifications performed on customer equipment conform to Rockwell Collins Quality and Workmanship Standards. Records results of repair and modification actions and accounts for time required to perform each task on Service Worksheets
* Prepares estimate of repair costs for customer, may be required to communicate technical and financial aspects of repair costs both in verbal and written form to internal and external customers.
* Able to research and provide an in-depth estimates for units requiring extensive repairs, required service bulletins, overhauls and complete rebuilds.
* Have advanced knowledge of various avionics systems, basic electronics theories and associated circuitry and components.
* Has an advanced knowledge of Operating Procedures and understand why they are needed, able to research and determine what operating Procedures apply to the task at hand and follow them.
* Understands the importance of accurate paperwork and how it impacts the repair process. Understands the importance of continually improving quality. Can inspect and train others for preferred workmanship standards. Can determine areas of improvement in shop quality and communicate a means of achieving a high standard.
* Supports and promotes continuous process improvement and Lean initiatives.
* Understands safety requirements and performs duties in accordance with all safety procedures.
* Be very proficient at returning to service units that have multiple failures, require in depth adjustments and testing with limited assistance from others.
* Understand current workload and production needs to assist senior techs and leads in determining how to best use available resources to meet established goals.
* Able to research and provide an in-depth estimate for overhauls and required bulletins.
* May be required to perform related duties as assigned.
* Able to Wet lab new procedures and provide evaluation feedback to engineering.
* Accurately records results of repair and modification actions, accounts for time, and records other data per SCOP requirements in SAP or on Service Worksheets as applicable.
* Perform complex repairs, alignments and tests. Assist others as needed and may be assigned to determine airworthiness as an FAA inspector.
* Determine training needs. Provide advanced training on all qualified equipment types.
* Work with other levels of supervision to prioritize work, plan for future projects and determine the best utilization of personnel and resources in their work area.
Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate’s degree three years of related experience
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.