Sr Advanced Control Systems Engineer
Location: United States
Job type: Permanent
Sr. Advanced Control Systems Engineer-18001723
Praxair, Inc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. With market capitalization of approximately $40 billion and 2017 sales of $11 billion, the company employs over 26,000 people globally and has been named to the Dow Jones World Sustainability Index for 15 consecutive years. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings.
Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by brining efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others.
POSITION QUALIFICATION SUMMARY:
In this role you will be a member of Praxair’s Global Supply System (GSS) team. You will be responsible for the development of Advanced Control System (ACS) logic, process, hardware and related drawings/specifications. As a control system engineer, you will have the opportunity to set the direction of overall control system development for a variety of air separation and liquefaction plants and subsystems.
Successful candidates should demonstrate high levels of design and leadership capability, a focus on safety, strong verbal and written communication skills, a team-oriented focus, and an ability to find innovative technical solutions.
* Design and execute the ACS functions for both US and select international projects. This includes: architecture, I/O layout, networking, programming, documentation, and computer interfaces.
* Provide ACS support during the commissioning and startup phases of projects.
* Implement ACS strategies to ensure all-in cost effective plant control systems.
* Provide support to regional execution centers, R&D, and operations with respect to control systems.
* Interfaces with internal and external customers/suppliers.
* Estimate control system engineering hour and hardware costs for the both project and Product Line (PL) development.
(SALARY AND JOB LEVEL COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE)
* 5+ years’ experience in control system design and development
* Position may require travel (primarily domestic, but international possible) up to 25%
* Understanding of P&ID diagrams, schematic wiring diagrams, ISA symbology for hardware and software, I/O distribution, PLC configuration, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access)
* Rockwell Automation PLC/ControlLogix programming and Intellution HMI/SCADA development
* BS degree in engineering and/or significant experience related control system and process development
* Visual Basic
* Networking experience
Primary Location: New York-Tonawanda
Job - Engineering
Job Posting: Jun 19, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
Unposting Date: Oct 1, 2018, 4:59:00 AM
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.