Senior Manager Quality QMS Compliance
Location: Cedar Rapids
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Business & Administration
Requisition ID: 14926
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Manager, Quality – QMS & Compliance to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Responsible for the development and implementation of an overall strategic quality plan to improve customer satisfaction across the entire enterprise. Responsible for planning of the technical quality assurance systems and activities. Advises management of test trends, returns, vendor performance and audit results and corrective action needed.
* Manages technical talent and is responsible for a small organization of engineers quality technicians and or Inspectors.
* Responsible for success (quality management system, technical requirements, cost of poor execution, product integrity, etc.) of assigned/allocated tasks and activities.
* Responsible for tactical execution of day to day operations.
* Leverages advanced Quality tools (Data Analysis, Lean, Six Sigma, DMAIC, APQP) and provides direction for employees on complex technical quality subjects.
* Assigns technical resources to local work assignments (workforce allocation) and primary point of contact for resource issue resolution.
* Approves work scope for quality initiatives.
* Ensures organizational compliance to policies, processes, and standard work requirements.
* Acquires and develops technical resources which contribute to the effective completion of quality initiatives. Oversees development work being performed by third party partners.
* Actively addresses employee performance and development.
* Oversees and participates in review of customer/industry/supplier requirements and development of program bids to ensure compliance and success.
* May serve as primary quality liaison to the customer.
* Strives to balance the week performing technical tasks and oversight, along with managing people, schedules and/or budgets.
* Responsible to identify, communicate and mitigate risk throughout the value stream
* Develops, implements, and maintains technical quality assurance systems and activities.
* Reporting on the performance of elements of the QMS leaders as a basis for improvement.
* Ensuring awareness of customer requirements is promoted throughout the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.