Salary band: Competitive
Job type: Permanent
As a Senior Manager Maintenance, you will establish and manage a fully functional Base and Line maintenance 24hr support organization.
You will also take overall responsibility of the following within the Qatar Executive hangar, aircraft, facilities, stores and staff-
Manage and supervise all functions (both technical, quality and commercial) of QE Commercial fleet maintenance related to Line and base activities and workshop capabilities.
You will establishing and managing an effective and efficient team of Qualified Engineers, Mechanics, and aircraft appearance staff to ensure that all scheduled and unscheduled services on Qatar Executive Commercial fleet are performed as effectively as possible and to the highest standards possible. Responsible for the effective use of personnel, procedures, tooling and materials to achieve the highest practical levels of aircraft availability and reliability, ensuring full compliance with all regulatory and quality systems.
•Develop and establish and manage Qatar Executive’s QCAA and EASA approved 145 maintenance capabilities as a standalone Maintenance Repair Organization.
•Ensure QE commercial fleet is fully supported with the production and implementation of effective short and medium manpower and resources plans.
•Develop of both Maintenance Organization Exposition and associated procedures.
•Define material requirements for the safe and efficient operation of the QE Hangar facility and ensure that these items are acquired in a timely manner.
•Develop processes to facilitate the increasing number of maintenance events for QE aircraft, as well as the ongoing addition of managed aircraft and third party maintenance clients.
•Create and maintain an effective and fully capable maintenance department with support teams able to support QE commercial, base maintenance, line maintenance and supporting functions. Optimize the QE Maintenance Department to become more effective and efficient by communicating expectations, developing tailored procedures, encouraging greater team work.
•Manage and ensure full compliance with all Regulatory and Qatar Airways requirements and procedures.
•Manage the hangar and ground support equipment to ensure facility and equipment is a maximum availability and reliability.
•Ensure maximum aircraft availability with on time delivery of scheduled aircraft maintenance events to agreed costings, measurable with KPI on delay and cost overruns.
•Determine the tooling, ground support equipment and materials that are required to ensure that all Operated aircraft types can be efficiently and safely maintained.
•Together with the senior management, develop the annual aircraft maintenance, hangar operations, personnel and ancillary budgets. Develop and operate a robust Job costing capability and financial oversight of the department within budget.
•Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
Management & Leadership
You will: -
•Develop Maintenance Department training policy and creating tailored career paths for each team member to achieve the most capable and flexible team practical.
•Periodically meet with each member of his assigned team to understand their strengths and weaknesses, with the goal of tailoring formal and informal training to ensure that each member of the team can develop professionally to the best of their ability.
•Define the career paths of all members of the assigned team, develop the processes and milestones to achieve these goals and, together with the individual, track the progress made and motivate success
• Through encouragement, constructive criticism and continual feedback create an environment of Continuous improvement and pride of workmanship for each member of the team.
• Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
•Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
•Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
•Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place.
•To be committed and contribute to the National talent development, by coaching the national developees, preparing them for a career with boundless potential. Leading to the program’s continued growth and success.
•Through active involvement in day-to-day activities demonstrate integrity, professionalism, respect the desire to continually improve to all OE Technical Operations staff.
•Ensure that all staff are properly rostered and trained to support the requirements of OE and 3,d party customers.
About Your Job
• Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level
• EASA Part 66 Type license on multiple aircraft OE types including C ratings
• Management training in recognized management discipline.
• Minimum 10 years relevant experience
• Previous part145 Maintenance management role within Business aviation organization.
• Demonstrated track record of delivering functional MRO performance in a Business jet Environment, preferably in OEM service Centre environment.
Job Specific Skills:
• Ability to manage the complete MRO functional team including all ancillary functions.
• Ability to lead a team of qualified engineers and proven knowledge of all aspects of aircraft Maintenance.
• Command of English language.
• Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members