Job type: Permanent
ALSA s.a., Luxembourg Aviation Safety Agency is acting under the supervision of Luxembourg Civil Aviation Authority and is fully owned by the State of Luxembourg.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head of Security within Department of Luxembourg Civil Aviation Authority, you participate in the implementation and the update of the aviation security programmes, the oversight and the compliance monitoring according to the security regulations. Your scope of work will include:
• Develop and update of security programmes, publications, procedures and protocols ;
• Participate in the development of, and provide if necessary, security training ;
• Perform ACC3 validations ;
• Carry out aviation security monitoring activities, both as team leader and team member ;
• Examine and approve security programmes prepared by relevant entities ;
• Monitor accuracy of security information on the relevant website ;
• Participate in international working groups or workshops if necessary ;
• Knowledge in compliance monitoring principles, procedures and techniques related to information gathering, powers of observation and the ability to review documentation and prepare comprehensive, factual and clear reports.
Education, experience, technical skills and competences:
• Post-secondary aeronautical education (domains : air transport, civil aviation security, audit) of a duration of at least 3 years and 5 years of experience in an airline or within an Aviation Authority in a position dealing with aviation security, or 10 years minimum of experience in aviation with at least 5 years in aviation authority performing security compliance ;
• In-depth knowledge of international aviation security measures, contained in EU Regulations (Regulation 300/2008 and its implementing acts), ICAO Annex 9 and 17, ECAC Doc 30;
• Good command of both written and spoken English and French. Good knowledge of German language is an asset ;
• MS Office and computer literate ;
• In-depth working knowledge of security technologies and detection criteria ;
• In-depth knowledge, including supervisory experience of compliance monitoring principles, procedures and techniques in the field of civil aviation security. Qualified auditor with ICAO, EU or ECAC is an asset.
• Holding an EU Member State of EU institution security clearance up to level “EU Secret” is a must.
Social & personal skills:
• Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines under demanding conditions ;
• Effective organization and excellent editing skills ;
• Strong commitment to promoting a service minded and customer oriented administration ;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and self-driven personality ;
• Capacity to work in a multicultural environment ;
• Effective communication skills ;
• Strong ability to work rigorously and carefully ;
• Able to work independently and as part of a team ;
• Good ability to synthetize and to analyze complex problems ;
• Clean criminal record (pre-employment and background assessment will be done).