Location: Farnborough Airport
Job type: Permanent
Contact: Eleanor O'Brien
Reporting to Director of Operations, ASL.
The Scrum Master will be empowered to own and evolve the agile scrum processes within the organisation and apply those working across multiple scrum teams and multiple products. You will initially start work on our largest project and work to encourage improvement within the team as well as work as a key facilitator and negotiator. You will progress work across multiple products and multiple teams growing out junior scrum masters within the organisation.
The Scrum Master is responsible for:
- Encouraging the Scrum Team to improve, within the Scrum process framework, its development process and practices to make it more effective and enjoyable for the next Sprint.
- Understanding and owning team impediments and their resolution.
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team and working to facilitate information transfer from the product owner.
- Helping the scrum team understand and practice agility - coaching them in self-organisation and cross-functionality.
- Working as the representative for the Scrum Team when accepting work and ensuring PBIs meet the definition of ready.
- Running daily stand-ups and help the team organise their work.
- Running retrospectives and planning improvements – focusing on constructive feedback and improvement.
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum.
- Protecting the daily scrum from external impacts.
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) essential
- Experience working in software development teams and applying scrum practically and not just theoretically.
- Calm under pressure with a desire to make a difference.
- Experienced and comfortable interacting at all levels of the organisation with excellent clear and concise communications.
- Have a measured and approachable coaching style.
- Have a strong team ethos with the understanding that personal achievement is measured through the success of the team.
- Knowledge and experience of using tooling (such as Microsoft or Atlassian).
Desirable Skills and Attributes
- Second level Scrum Master certification (ASM, CSP, PSM II).
- Work in SaaS product environments.
- Experience using the Microsoft development stack and VSTS.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools, namely Power BI.
- Knowledge of the aviation sector.
- Knowledge of technologies used within the development team.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches.