Schedule Distribution Inventory Support Manager
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Business & Administration
Schedule Distribution & Inventory Support Manager
Is Subject Matter Expert for Schedule Distribution and Inventory Support participating in the conceptual design and implementation of new initiatives.
Key result areas
* Ensure the accurate and timely distribution of the detailed schedules of Brussels Airlines’ operated flights in all distribution channels & systems (Amadeus PSS, GDS’s, OTA’s, Web,…) following the release of the D2D production plan by Scheduling so that Brussels Airlines’ operated flights can be sold worldwide.
* Ensures and coordinate with the codeshare partner the accurate and timely distribution of the detailed schedules of codeshare flights (Both B.air marketing on OAL operating as well as OAL marketing flights on B.air operating) in all distribution channels & systems (Amadeus, GDS, Web) in line with the codeshare agreements between Brussels Airlines and its codeshare partners. Responsible for the synchronization service level of 98,5% (STAR requirement).
* Optimize daily the detailed implementation of beyond codeshares as defined in the O&D codeshare agreements by allocating the beyond marketing flight number to the operating flight number so that connectivity between trunk and beyond codeshare flights remains ensured, if possible, and is optimized towards the shortest possible connection so that the codeshare connection gets a higher priority ranking in the GDS displays, stimulating sales opportunities (in accordance with the STAR scheduling guidelines.)
* Set-up, maintain, develop and optimize procedures and processes governing the SN Schedule Distribution area and its relation with other internal departments (Scheduling, Revenue Management, OCC, Ground Operations), external parties (BAC Airport Data Management Team) and codeshare partners.
* Coach and supervise the Schedule Distribution team in their daily tasks, perform the annual evaluations of the team members and takes care of HR related issues.
* Take ownership of and analyse Amadeus Seating functionalities, seatmap (ACV) and related business rules, concept, definition, implementation and maintenance enabling the system to respond as per agreed/required business requirements and procedures.
* Analyse Amadeus Releases and their impact on current system behavior, our business model and continuity. Where needed, make sure that stakeholders are duly advised about changes.
* Take part in companywide projects and meetings as SME in regards to Schedule Distribution and Altéa Inventory system.
* Report to the Head of Network Planning.
* Minimum Bachelor degree diploma or equivalent by experience in the airline sector.
* At least 2 years of relevant experience in either Scheduling or Schedule Distribution areas
* Good knowledge of the English language both written and spoken is a must. Knowledge of Dutch and French is an asset.
* Altéa Inventory + Altéa Codeshare certified by Amadeus, or willing to obtain these certifications as soon as possible.
* In depth knowledge of IATA passengers’ reservation procedures and IATA SSIM, SSM, ASM rules.
* Knowledge of electronic reservation systems like Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre, Worldspan and schedule distribution systems like SchedConnect is an asset.
* Able to take initiative.
* Work and interact with people from all hierarchical levels.
* Solid people management skills in order to steer a team of technical experts.
* Good analytical as well as problem solving skills in order to think out of the box.