Job type: Permanent
Responsibilities of Position:
* • Understand and follow Messier-Bugatti USA procedures, operating manuals, work instructions, and standard operating procedures required to support Messier-Bugatti USA goals
* • Maintain a clean, safe work environment
* • Assemble metal hardware to carbon/carbon disks as required for riveting operation
* • Load and sequence disks and/or fixtures through correct riveting programs
* • Qualified to perform manual and/or robotic application of Oxidation coating to carbon/carbon disks per drawing/specification requirements; manual application requires initial operator qualification/certification with annual re-certification
* • Accurate operation of precision dimensional measuring instruments
* • Utilize data collection systems to accurately document/monitor/track production processes/products
* • Kit heat stacks for customer order fulfillment as required
* • Perform minor preventive equipment maintenance
* • Safe operation/use of production, material handling, and other equipment
* • Support and follow Quality, Safety, Environmental, Process, Engineering, and Personnel procedures/policies
* • Communicate ideas/opportunities for continuous improvement
* • Receiving and electronically logging in receipt of worn heat stacks, verifying purchase order, part number, quantity, etc.
* • Qualified to perform inspection of worn carbon disks; inspection of worn carbon requires initial operator qualification/certification with annual re-certification
* • Trained to work at the Repair workstation
* • Picking, packing, and data entry of outbound shipment on a weekly basis
* • Perform other related duties as required
* • High school diploma/GED
* • Three to five years manufacturing experience
* • Basic computer skills (Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel a plus)
* • Coating Systems or Automated equipment/systems experience preferred
* • Mechanical aptitude and ability to effectively learn and use technical information
* • Ability to effectively analyze information and identify root causes to troubleshoot and solve problems
Relocation assistance not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.