Product Family Planning Performance Manager Innovia
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Business & Administration
Product Family Planning & Performance Manager (Innovia)-TPRS-CAKI01751894
Product Family Planning & Performance Manager
REQUISITION NUMBER: TPRS-CAKI01751894
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in Kingston, Ontario you will support the Product Family Core Team in all planning and performance related matters. You will establish and update the Product Roadmap, including leading the harmonisation and integration of related projects roadmap/plans (PSD, ROQ, RCS) and sub-schedules from all parties (engineering, other global functions) involved in the project. You will regularly track and report progress against the baseline roadmap and continuously monitor risks and opportunities as well as proactively develops scenarios, mitigation or back-up plans required. You will support the Product engine Core Team representatives in communicating schedule objectives or issues to stakeholders.
In your role you will:
- Be responsible for establishing and updating the Product Roadmap based on common objectives within the Product Family;
- Be responsible for monitoring and reporting on schedule progress and deviations within all parties involved in the Product Family;
- Contribute to regular monitoring of critical path(s) to identify risks and opportunities and develop mitigation or recovery plans;
- Be responsible of the assessment and validation of the projects related DPS & sub-schedules;
- Be responsible of Product Family Capacity Planning;
- Be responsible for the Product Family WBS and reporting thereof (including inputs to cost controller);
- Be responsible for dashboard update and related data collection from the product Family Core Team;
- Lead meetings related to Product Roadmap topics and provide recommendations to Product Family Core Team;
- Lead meetings related to Product Family capacity planning and provide recommendations to Product Family Core Team;
- Lead meetings related to Product Family WBS and validate the WBS and any change thereto;
- Lead Product Family dashboard review and provide recommendations to Product Family Core Team;
- Ensure that the Risk & Opportunity Manager is regularly updated with possible threats or opportunity derived from present or future deviations to the Product Roadmap;
- Ensure that schedule implications of changes dealt with the Product Family Configuration and Variability Manager are made visible and clear prior to decisions made on these changes;
- Lead the multifunctional planning team involved in the product family and all related projects;
- Validate the related project schedules and functional sub-schedules;
- Validate the related projects WBS
As our ideal candidate:
- You have bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
- You possess eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in a relevant role;
- You own working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and knowledge of MS Project and Primavera;
- You have excellent knowledge of or certification in Project Management practices (e.g. PMBOK, Prince…);
- You possess international experience;
- You have excellent knowledge and experience on complex projects planning and proven track record;
- Your English and French communications skills are excellent both written and spoken (Hindi will be considered a plus) .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: CA-ON-Kingston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 23.10.2018, 3:17:38 PM