Principal Systems Engineer Airborne Router Product lines
Location: Cedar Rapids
Job type: Permanent
Requisition ID: 15202
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently searching for a Principal Systems Engineer – Airborne Router Product lines to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
This position is for a Principal Systems Engineer working with the Airborne Information Solutions (AIS) department working across the Airborne Router Product Lines including A350 Fly Smart Next Generation (FSA-NG) and Flight Optimization and Maintenance Exchanger (FOMAX) programs. This position will provide an exciting opportunity to work closely with Airbus on both programs. The position will be located in Cedar Rapids Iowa but the individual will be working closely with Airbus and a team located in Rockwell Collins France.
* Work with product development teams to drive router architectures, product enablers and value streams down to execution teams to be consumed.
* Drive common practices and methods to ensure alignment across the organization.
* Work directly with other software, security, and systems teams and leaders within the department to coordinate common processes, metrics, and tools across the department.
* Provide direct customer interaction on pursuits, project execution and product development phases with major aircraft OEMs and/or airline customers.
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Ideal candidate will have ten to fifteen years of engineering development and/or project management experience.
* Must have development, integration, and deployment of large complex systems including system level engineering background experience
* Experience of managing complex tasks while maintaining consistent communications with internal and external customers simultaneously
* Previous experience in bidding major development using Parametric Based bidding tools (SEER)
* Understanding of IP networking, Ethernet switching and routing
* Previous experience with Linux/Unix based systems including understanding of firewalls in Linux environment through use of iptables and/or in-depth experience in Linux system administration.
* Knowledge of LAN switching technologies
* Background and understanding of Cybersecurity and use of IPsec, Mandatory Access Control mechanisms and Multiple-level security
* Software development experience/background – understanding of modular software design, Linux socket api, encoding schemes, xml, application programming interfaces etc.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment.
* Must have previous experience with direct customer interactions on pursuits, project execution or product development phases with major aircraft OEMs and/or airline customers.
* Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, while balancing priorities and schedules are important attributes.
* Must be a self-starter and have strong analytical skills.
* Be available for international travel quarterly to support customer meetings and meetings with remote teams
* Previous experience with leading Agile Development Processes and understanding of Scaled Agile Framework is a major benefit.
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.