Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Job type: Permanent
To plan, direct and coordinate the manufacturing processes and methods within the organization.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing processes and methods.
* Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow. Designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
* Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
* Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decision.
* Confers with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
* Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
* Maintains a variety of reports and records/processes documentation to reflect schedules, performance, methods, process procedures, etc.
* Exercise direct supervision over department to achieve production volume, cost and quality of production, and meet production schedules and delivery dates.
* Responsible for maintaining discipline in accordance with company policy and for maintaining health and safety regulations and their enforcement.
* Recommends suggestions for process improvement that would improve the efficiency of production and the manufacture of quality products to applicable personnel.
* Utilizes the annual evaluation process as a communication tool with employees for goal setting and development programs.
* Acts as a resource for subordinates.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job function. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job
Required: Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desirable: Previous bearing or fastener experience in the aerospace and defense market. Specific knowledge of CNC machining, special processes and metal forming.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodical, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define the problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Must have knowledge of Internet Software, Project Management Software, Spreadsheet Software and Word Processing Software.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ELEMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee generally works indoors within the manufacturing areas. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities require by this job include close, color and peripheral vision.
This is an exempt level position and hours may vary depending on business needs.