Manager Lounge Services
Location: South West London
Job type: Permanent
Contact: Mike Barton
To effectively lead and manage a team ensuring delivery of product compliance, making sure the lounge complies with all Health & Safety / Food Hygiene requirements. To ensure the lounge is delivering a high level of service and product that is in line with brand guidelines. To review and innovate lounge performance ensuring the facilities best suits its current and potential markets. To exceed performance targets to ensure the lounge delivers and exceeds budgeted contribution. Job Responsibilities
- To control and direct resources ensuring manpower is adequate and deployed efficiently within the Lounge within agreed budgetary targets.
- To ensure staff are recruited and trained to provide an uninterrupted consistent ‘on-brand’ level of service.
- Display exceptional leadership skills; inspire and motivate staff to deliver an exceptionally high standard of service, drive sales initiatives, and increase the Aspire brand presence within a retail environment.
- Work with the head office Travel Services Department, business partners and agencies, to seek out and implement local marketing initiatives to maximise revenue streams.
- Develop commercially advantageous relationships with the Airport Authority and key members of the Airport retail environment.
- Identify and develop good relationships with key corporate users and potential customers in the local area to increase awareness, utilisation and regularity of custom.
- To control ‘cost of sales’ within budgetary targets and increase point-of-sales revenues to deliver against the corporate annual projection. Spot trends, audit and report on potential business improvements/developments.
- Generate and motivate the Lounge team to market and increase ancillary revenue streams such as walk up sales, champagne packages and enhanced food offerings.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Evidence of people management skills including leadership, employee relations, negotiation and communications.
- Experience of managing a medium to large team in a retail driven environment.
- Experience within a highly focused sales and service environment that consistently delivers the highest possible standards.
- Attention to detail with a focus on the exacting standard expected from a high end premium product.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.