Licensed Aircraft Engineer Defect Control
Salary band: Competitive
Job type: Permanent
Contact: Natalie Dalkin
Sector: Maintenance, Aircraft, Exterior
Line Up Aviation is a world leader in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace professionals and has been operating for more than 28 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the very highest standard of applicants. The role
Ensure that aircraft defects, outstanding and recurring defects are investigated and maintained to a level to ensure optimum performance of company fleet. To perform an in-depth evaluation of current / emerging fleet issues and provide shooting recommendations thus ensuring high Technical Dispatch Reliability. Operational Responsibilities:
- To work on a continuous shift basis to provide support and instruction for both line activity and all layover maintenance requirements
- You will be monitoring / analyzing, repetitive /recurrent defect across the fleet and investigate and issue troubleshooting recommendations
- Monitoring of aircraft defects via Airman /AHM and providing indication of recurrent defects that require preventive maintenance
- To provide all troubleshooting assistance to line station during significant AOG or out of Service events within the ambit of maintenance data
- Review TRAX recurrent alerts definition and ensure correct ATA coding is administered for accurate automated generation of recurrent alerts by the system
- You provide data to QR Engineering, manufacturers when all trouble shooting guidelines supplies to the network have been exhausted
- Structured approach to the resolution of technical issues identified by MOCC or the Qatar Airways Operational Management. This may include complex defects, and or customer requests
- To ensure that all appropriate legislative and company procedures are adhered to in order to ensure that the company remains compliant and airworthy
- To endeavor, as fat as practical to ensure that aircraft targets are achieved in terms of deferred defects and Technical Dispatch Reliability
- Monitor closely all deferred defects across the entire Fleet, analyzing and suggesting remedial or corrective actions which will enable Base/Line Maintenance to effectively utilize available ground time in clearing such Defects, thereby ensuring a high standard of Maintenance via optimal utilization of aircraft.
To be successful in this role, you will hold a Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance or Trade or vocational aircraft maintenance qualification or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferably in Aeronautical/ Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering. Holder of QCAA / ICAO Type II / EASA aircraft maintenance license in B1 or B2 categories with certifying experience as an Licensed Aircraft Engineer holding a minimum of one or more Qatar Airways aircraft type authorisations. (Preference will be given to engineers holding multiple Qatar Airways aircraft type authorisations.)
You will have minimum of 5 years of job-related aircraft certifying experience. You will also have appropriate Qatar Airways aircraft type ratings for both the aircraft and the engines. You are required to have experience in an international airline within a Maintenance Operations and/or Line Maintenance area with a solid understanding of aircraft maintenance organization.
Computer literacy, excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong command of the English language are highly essential attributes for this role. The selected candidate will have excellent knowledge of aircraft maintenance fundamentals and sound knowledge of air legislation. You must also be able to make decisions under pressure.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: natalie dalkin @luap.com Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. “Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!” Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency