Licensed Aircraft Engineer
Salary band: Competitive
Job type: Permanent
Aircraft type: A320 Family (A318, A319, A320, A321), A330, A340, A380, 777-200 / 300
Contact: Nathan Jervis
Sector: Maintenance, Aircraft
Line Up Aviation is a world leader in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace professionals and has been operating for more than 28 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the very highest standard of applicants. The role:
As Lead Engineer, you are directly responsible for the overall performance of Base Maintenance functions of Qatar executive. You will directly be responsible for the serviceability and airworthiness and appearance standards of the Qatar Executive aircraft base inputs, and the serviceability of Hangar GSE. You will utilise the highest standards of practice in accordance with QCAA regulations and QR standards and procedures to ensure the continued safety of flight for these aircraft.
In this role, you will have direct access to a pool of Lead engineers, B1/B2 Licensed Engineers, Aircraft Mechanics, lead Cabin Mechanics, Aircraft Appearance Agents and GSE Mechanic to ensure the timely performance of scheduled maintenance activities to the QE aircraft assigned. You will also ensure that all scheduled maintenance conducted to the assigned aircraft is carried out to the highest maintenance standards and safety in the most productive and cost effective manner using all available resources at your disposal. Key responsibilities include:
- Performs the scheduled maintenance activities required to support the successful operation of assigned aircraft.
- Manages, encourages and motivates the Base MX team of specialists to perform the tasks at assigned.
- Determines materials, tooling, support required to perform assigned maintenance tasks.
- Defines priorities of defects to be rectified, identify skill sets required and coordinate effective use of pool personnel (Licensed Engineers, Aircraft Mechanics, lead Cabin Mechanics and Aircraft Appearance Agents) with the other Senior Engineers
- Finds solutions to the defects to ensure efficient resolution while adhering to both regulatory and company policies and standards
- Advises the Maintenance Manager of any impending issues or areas of concern relating to you duties and responsibilities
- Manages the final release of work while ensuring tasks are performed to meet standards and targets such as aircraft committed delivery dates, system reliability, and highest standards of appearance
- Reviews work procedures, equipment and standards to propose improvements to ensure work processes are effective.
- Implements solutions to technical problems within his range of operations. Assist management in the definition of new aircraft, GSE and support requirements
- Provides assistance to other departments, as required, to define, develop and prepare maintenance work packages
- Provides specialist support, as required, to Manager Engineering and Scheduling
- Provides guidance and/or on the job training for up to 15 technicians and mechanics
- Ensures aircraft maintenance tasks are accomplished in accordance company policies and procedures, with special focus on documenting maintenance activities
- Works together with OEM’s, vendors and supplier to find solutions to defects and/or problems affecting the operation of the aircraft
- Performs additional tasks as required and instructed by the Senior Manger Technical Operations
About You: Minimum Qualification:
- Recognised Diploma in aircraft trade.
- Holder of ICAO type II license, EASA Part 66 License with C rating.
- Hold current Certifying authorisation with a Part 145 organisation
- 10 years aircraft maintenance experience with a minimum of 7 years as a Certifying licensed engineer in Base MX role with at least two aircraft type for Both Airframe and Engines B1/ or Avionics B2.
Bombardier 604/605 (CF-34-3B GE)
Global Express XRS C (BR-700-710-A2-20 RR)
Global 5000 (BR-710-A2-20 RR)
Gulfstream 650/ 650ER (BR-700-725A1-12 RR)
Embraer 145 Series
Job Specific Skills:
- 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role performing line and base maintenance activities.
- In depth knowledge of aircraft maintenance fundamentals appropriate to his area of employment.
- Sound knowledge of air legislation (QCAA/EASA/FAA)
- Strong organisational and leadership skills
- Ability to make clear, rational decisions under pressure
- Capable of determining the most appropriate tool(s) and equipment to perform the task at hand
- Sound knowledge of aircraft defects with strong troubleshooting skills
- Detail oriented to ensure very high standards of aircraft serviceability and appearance
- Ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team
- Practical outlook to determine most suitable solution
- Read, understand and implement instructions from technical manuals and documents
- Good communication skills particularly in written and spoken English
- Professional manner for interaction with high level positions
- Good communications, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Conversant with MS Office
- Ability to work under pressure
- Pride in performing to the best of own ability
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: email@example.com Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. “Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!” Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency