LGVHGV Class2 Driver
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Freight, Cargo & Logistics
Working in the Transport Department you will be responsible for the timely and efficient load and unload of food and equipment (including Duty Free equipment) according to work schedules as directed by the transport planning department to ensure no customer complaints. You will also have other duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the timely and efficient load and unload of food and equipment (including Duty Free equipment) according to work schedules as directed by the transport planning department to ensure no customer complaints.
Carry out a detailed vehicle checks prior to loading, ensuring the security of the catering operation and maintaining compliance with the DETR security regulations.
Daily Vehicle Check sheets are completed at start of day, and handed in at end of shift completed, with any defects reported before leaving the unit.
Refuelling of Vehicles before and at end of shifts
Maintaining Vehicle cleanliness at end of shift, ensuring it is cleaned out at end of the day
* Clean and current driving license – LGV class
* Driver CPC 35hrs and Tachograph card
* Recent LGV driving experience (preferably within last 6 months)
* Full understanding of EU drivers hours rules & regulations
* Manual loading experience
* Ability to meet tight deadlines
* Be organized, flexible, thorough, team player, accurate, consistent, communicative and honest
gategroup Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
* We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
* We communicate and keep each other informed
* We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
* We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
* We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
* We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
* We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. gategroup reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Candidates may be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
gategroup – an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.