Lead Systems Engineer
Location: North Carolina
Job type: Permanent
Lead Systems Engineer
Req #: 222930
Location: Fort Bragg, NC US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
What You’ll Get to Do:
The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users and be able to direct a team of engineers. The successful candidate for this position will be the technical authority and maintain overall responsibility for the engineering, development and administration of an enterprise architecture compromising local, remote, and continuity of operation sites in support of continuous work cycle.
* The Lead Systems Engineer will provide product specific knowledge such as I/O design, model formulation, cost projections, systems architecture analysis and design geared toward analytical requirements utilizing RedHat/Linux and Windows operating systems, NetApp storage arrays, VMware vCenter and Cloudera Enterprise administration. .
* The ideal candidate will serve as the primary interface between the government leadership and the team’s engineers.
* Top Secret Clearance based on a SSBI AND able to meet the requirements of DCID 6/4
* Security + Certification
* 9+ years of experience in Systems Engineering and Administration work
* Able to work extended periods
* Willing to travel to COUNS and OCONUS locations
* Good communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
* Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
* Experience designing system architecture for new and existing computer systems
* Supervisory experience providing guidance and direction to a team of engineers
* Experience with hardware and software life cycles and upgrades
* Experience performing complex systems development and design including I/O design, firmware development, system modeling and testing, budget projections, and systems engineering
* ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
* CISSP Certification
* Expert level knowledge of at least one of the following: NetApp Certified Data Administrator, EMC Storage Administrator, Dell Certified SonicWall Security Professional
* Bachelors of Science In Computer Science or related technical field
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.