IT Service Delivery Manager
Job type: Permanent
Sector: IT & Communications
IT Service Delivery Manager
As Service Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for the operations of commercial/e-retail systems and operation systems throughout their lifecycle. You will ensure performance, availability and change management. You align closely with the Delivery Manager owning the business relationship in this area.
You will also act as escalation point to ensure the business continuity of the solutions. You will work with internal and external stakeholders for hosted as well as on-premise solutions.
In general, you understand the domain, act as an SME and demonstrate a good understanding on how the solutions are implemented and how they relate to other solutions. You make sure solutions perform according to specified metrics, you ensure systems availability and you put in place remediation plans where needed. You ensure documentation is kept up to date. You identify areas for improvement (e.g. more secure, cost efficient, enhanced performance, etc. It is your responsibility to discuss with various internal & external stakeholders and propose the changes.
Key Result Areas:
* You manage and monitor spend on incidents outside of fixed contracts and you identify opportunities for cost savings
* You manage external partners and suppliers to drive performance and control assigned budgets. You conduct regular Service Level Meetings validate vendor performance
* You ensure that solutions adhere to Disaster Recovery agreed standards
* With their input, you ensure the necessary documentation for the Service Desk to support the solution. As an SME, you can be contacted by the Service Desk during crisis, including out of business hours
* You assess impact and potential damage of proposed changes and facilitate efficient implementation
* You report on performance indicators, uptime, incidents, changes, patch levels etc.
Technical skills & experience
* A Bachelor in IT or equivalent through experience, plus minimum 5 years as System Engineer, Infrastructure, Solution Architect or similar. Experience working with third parties and non-technical teams. Airline Experience is a valuable asset
* Exposure to heavily outsourced environments and experience managing applications and IT infrastructure multiple external partners
* You have a good understanding of total cost of ownership of IT assets and functions and the ability to present and manage trade-offs and practical knowledge of IT technologies and working practices (ITIL), including Agile models
* You are a strong communicator who builds solid relationships with colleagues and partners inside and outside the airline
* You are pro-active, a flexible team player, customer focused and able to perform under pressure in complex environments
* You believe good documentation is part of every solution delivered and writing documentation is not the last phase in your work
* You are a facilitator and solution minded who is comfortable playing a key role in operations when required