ExteriorFinisher Aircraft Painter CTH
Job type: Permanent
Exterior/Finisher - Aircraft Painter (CTH)-TUC00984
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
With an average of over 300 sunny days per year, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Tucson Service Center is surrounded by stunning mountain ranges and desert landscapes. As the largest of Bombardier’s Service Centers, the facility services both Commercial and Business Aircraft, boasting over 1 million sq. ft. of total hangar space. Winner of several FAA Diamond Awards, Tucson will celebrate its 40th anniversary in 2016. Located at Tucson International Airport, the 247,000 sq. ft. Business Aircraft facility’s dedicated team is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Argentina (Military), Bermuda, Cayman Islands, China, Hong Kong, India, Mexico and Saudi Arabia.
Bombardier currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Exterior/Finisher - Aircraft Painter based Tucson, AZ.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements for factory, shop and/or hanger positions
- Comply with environmental health and safety policies / procedures.
- Participate in 5-S activities.
- Perform all work in a safe and timely manner.
- Prepare aircraft and / or component parts by performing surface preparation tasks prior to application of primer and topcoat
- Install sealant and erosion tape
- Apply primer and topcoat.
- Layout aircraft to customer specifications
- Inspect, perform touch-up and polish painted surfaces for a finished appearance
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- May assist with moving aircraft into bay
- May remove aircraft panels for inspection
As our ideal candidate,
- You typically a minimum of two (2) years of painting experience (i.e. aviation, automotive or marine)
- You have a minimum of 1 year experience in corporate aviation
- You have satisfactory results on Pulmonary Function evaluation in order to obtain respirator certification
- You have formal vocational training or equivalent
- You have customer service / aviation work experience
- You have basic PC skills
- You have basic knowledge pulling maintenance manuals / IPCs from computer
- You have basic knowledge of regulations dealing with transportation of hazardous materials
- You have demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- You have demonstrated ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Zip Code US 85756
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 08.01.2019, 12:56:34 PM
07.02.2019, 11:59:00 PM