Job type: Permanent
The ETL developer is responsible for uploading properly the data to the different levels of the data warehouse while ensuring its maintenance, the data quality and the related documentation.
* Be part of the data/digital transformation of the company in close collaboration with all departments, with objectives to improve the understanding and control of the business, increase revenues and optimize costs.
* Team up with the functional analysts to determine the proper requirements for each project. Implement and improve the existing ETL process.
* Implement the processes related the Business Intelligence Industrialization.
* Keep up-to-date the appropriate documentation.
* Maintain the proper functioning of the specific BI database environment.
* Follow trend and new technology in the data business and any related area.
* Master degree (Business or IT) or equivalent through experience in a related function;
* 5 years of experience in any similar position;
* Strong analytical thinking - from correctly pinpointing the business need to delivering a fit-for-purpose functional design;
* Ability to understand business needs and to work in complex environments;
* Able to work both independently and as part of a team is very important;
* Customer oriented and service minded;
* Fluent in English, Dutch and French is a surplus.
* Good understanding of key Data Warehouse principles: Kimball / Inmon / DataVault;
* Good understanding of Data Management and Governance: Data Glossary, Data Quality management, etc.;
* Strong expertise (5 years or more) in using MS BI-tools such as:
* MS SQL Server 2012/2014;
* MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS);
* MS SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS);
* Experience in an agile environment is a plus;