Electrical Engineer Opportunities Nationwide
Location: United States
Job type: Permanent
Electrical Engineer Opportunities - Nationwide-18001310
Praxair, Inc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. With market capitalization of approximately $40 billion and 2017 sales of $11 billion, the company employs over 26,000 people globally and has been named to the Dow Jones World Sustainability Index for 15 consecutive years. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings.
Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by brining efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others.
As a member of our Global Engineering team This position plays a lead role in the Electrical Engineering activities associated with project scope, detailed design, planning of tasks and execution of construction for one or more air separation projects. This position performs engineering calculations, investigations and assigned tasks for subsets of large projects or complete small projects.
Our Engineers regularly collaborate with equipment suppliers, individual technical experts, engineering contractors, construction contractors, plant maintenance and plant operating personnel, and other project team members.
* Complete specifications for quoting and requisitioning for High Voltage Electrical equipment:
* Rotating Equipment includes large induction and synchronous motors and generators.
* Static Equipment includes transformers, switchgear, variable frequency drives, MCCs, and fuse contactors.
* Complete short-circuit, arc flash, and relay studies
* Support commissioning and start-up of high voltage electrical equipment
* Complete total cost of ownership evaluations
* Review and approve One-Line Diagram and system functionality.
* Attend technical meetings with Utility and/ or Customer on proposal and project work to ensure system definition is complete
* Review Supplier submitted documentation and drawings as well as internally generated wiring schematics, control systems, and commissioning documents
* Conduct supplier shop performance testing and pre-shipment inspections
* Troubleshooting of shop and/or field problems
* Work and act with safety in mind. Uses safety checklists as part of the design process and participates in Safety Design reviews.
* Technical support for new supplier qualifications
* Understand and follow applicable Praxair Standards
* Writes (or authors) general specifications for design and engineer guidelines
* BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
* 5+ years Power System Engineering experience required
* Working knowledge of NEC, NEMA, & IEC standards
* Proven ability to work within office, construction, and operating plant environments
* Must be proficient in verbal and written communication
* 25+% domestic and international travel required
* Proficiency with arc flash studies and SKM software, field Commissioning and start-up of high voltage electrical equipment
Primary Location: New York-Tonawanda
Job - Engineering
Unposting Date: Ongoing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.