Aviation Systems Test Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job Description - Aviation Systems Test Engineer (18000CO)
Aviation Systems Test Engineer-18000CO
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Associates get the royal treatment at Garmin. Regardless if you’re a newbie or a veteran, engineers dream it, design it and use it. Here, you will be surrounded by others who share the same passion about what they do every day. We offer a relaxed team environment (no dress code!) where advancement is found from sharing knowledge, not hiding it! While we promise you a lot of responsibility, you also will have the opportunity to have ownership over projects…oh, and we promise you there will be some fun mixed in there, too!
If quality and testing are your thing, Garmin has your team. We’re looking for systems test engineers who want to make people’s lives safer, healthier and more enjoyable. From developing and executing systems test plans to reporting and analyzing results, we need self-motivated, team-oriented and confident engineers who strive for – and exceed – superiority. If you thrive on methodologies, validations and executions, we want to test you!
We are looking for a full-time Aviation Systems Test Engineer for our headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. In this role, you will be responsible for communication status and schedule for the system testing needs applicable to planned deliveries. Other essential functions include:
* Provides feedback to development teams to ensure solutions are designed to meet system testing needs
* Provides troubleshooting support to identify the system root cause
* Provides clear and sufficient detail about issues observed with details sufficient for internal or external customers
* Identify and implement improvements to system testing processes and guidance
* Identifies improvements and modifies tools for use in system testing
* May set up and operate 3rd party equipment
* May Identify and coordinate updates and/or improvements to integration bench setups
* Support troubleshooting of issues reported by simulation companies and provides clear communication for internal and external customers
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math, Physics or another related field from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of 1-year relevant experience. Other requirements include:
* Demonstrates knowledge of several complex integrated avionic functions
* Demonstrates mastery of relevant tools for use in system testing
* Demonstrates advanced troubleshooting skills
* Demonstrates knowledge of requirements for simulator qualification
Previous work or internship experience with consumer or aviation products is highly preferred!
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
Primary Location: US-KS-Olathe
Organization: Aviation Business
Job Class: Exempt