Associate Manufacturing Engineer
Job type: Permanent
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us!
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
UTC Aerospace Systems – Aerostructures, one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms, has an immediate opening for an Associate Manufacturing Engineer at our Riverside, CA facility.
* Support of bonded composite components for our Regional and Engines program and aircraft nacelle system.
* Downstream support of tooling and machining.
* Develop documentation, planning, tool orders, standard work instructions, in support of developmental and production processes. Provide corrective and preventative actions for quality issues.
* Provide technical support to the shop floor.
* Will participate on Continuous improvement event teams to address various product issues and opportunities.
* Designing and planning of layout for assembly and materials handling.
* Adaptation of machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
* Planning of sequence of operations and specification procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
* Able to work in a dynamic collaborative environment
* Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
* Composite Graphite experience
* Bachelors degree in Engineering is required.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.