Aircraft Certification Engineer Aircraft System Safety Wichita KS
Job type: Permanent
Job Description - Aircraft Certification Engineer - Aircraft System Safety (Wichita, KS) (18000GK)
Aircraft Certification Engineer - Aircraft System Safety (Wichita, KS)-18000GK
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
We’re looking for a few good engineers to soar with us. Whether you love coordinating projects or ensuring compliance with rules and regulations, our certification engineers enjoy the flexibility of a multi-faceted job that allows them to have a hand in creating sophisticated, state-of-the-art avionics. Our detail-oriented engineers lead aircraft certification projects by coordinating internal and external groups to ensure well-planned, efficient and timely aircraft systems implementation, development and FAA certification. While we strive for continual innovation, we ensure our combination of performance, safety, quality, value, innovation and ease of operation give our pilots an unwavering level of confidence when they’re up in the air.
If you think you have what it takes, apply for our full-time Aircraft Certification Engineering – Aircraft Safety Systems position at our engineering office in Wichita, Kansas. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the aircraft system safety assessment process and generating the required analyses in support of Garmin STC projects. Other essential functions include:
* Interface with Hardware, Software and EMC groups to ensure appropriate design assurance levels are considered
* Develop draft safety analysis in support of TIA issuance
* Perform qualitative analysis, FMEA, Fault Tree Analysis and particular risk/common cause analyses as required to certify the STC installations
* Coordinate internal Garmin groups to communicate safety assessment requirements
* Generate compliance statements for 23.1309 and other regulations that require system safety substantiation in support of Garmin STC projects
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university or a minimum of 5 years’ experience performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description. Other requirements include:
* Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in avionics design, installation and FAA certification
* Must demonstrate knowledge of FAA regulations applicable to avionics and flight controls certification efforts particularly those associated with system safety such as 23.1309
* Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of AC 23/25.1309 and SAE ARPs 4761 and 4754
* Must demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of the FAA system safety process, including at least 3 years conducting aircraft level system safety analysis
A pilots license and understanding of the relationship between System Safety, software and hardware design assurance and HIRF/Lightning are highly preferred!
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
Job: Aircraft Certification
Primary Location: US-KS-Wichita
Organization: Aviation Business
Job Class: Exempt